What is Nitobe College?
Nitobe College is named after one of the most notable Hokkaido University alumni, Inazo Nitobe, the author of the well-known book Bushido: Soul of Japan. He was also an Under-Secretary General for the League of Nations from 1920-1926.
The Spirit of Inazo Nitobe
- Individuality based on integrity and ethics
- An international spirit free from prejudice
- International education where all nationalities are treated as equals
Vision for the Mindsets and Skillsets Developed at Nitobe College
Students should strive for
- An independent minded personality
- An understanding of the global society and the possibilities for their future place in that society
- Global leadership and communication skills encompassing a wide range of knowledge and competences