Foundation I: Basics of Team-based Learning (2 Credits) Spring/Fall Term
- Ensuring the Nitobe College for Graduate student’s educational principles and goals, and discussing the importance of “3+1 Competencies”.
- Comprehend the necessity of the “know-how” and communication tools, which are vital to ensure the best outcomes from a group-based collaboration while discussing with each member of the team, who has different speciality and values.
syllabus 2023 (Spring) syllabus 2023 (Fall)
Foundation II: Practice of Team-based Learning (2 Credits) Summer/Winter Term
- Improvement of knowledge and skills, which students learned in the Spring Term through working on various exercises concerning the concrete case studies.
- The students learn the basics of project management and fieldwork and develop their critical thinking through comparing, understanding, and analyzing other’s views on the shared themes.
syllabus 2023 (Summer) syllabus 2023 (Winter)
Nitobe College Foundation Seminar for Graduate Students: Entrepreneurship (1 Credit) Intensive
Nitobe College Foundation Seminar for Graduate Students: Career Development Seminar for Graduate Students (1 Credit) Full year, Intensive
Advanced I: Problem Solving (2 Credits) Spring/Fall Term
- By studying Problem-solving, the students will learn about organizational work and collaboration, which are necessary in solving problems, through a process for proposing solutions to problems set by the teaching staff.
- The problems will not be limited to those of individuals and businesses. The students will address such problems as those whose solution will bring creative value to society.
Syllabus 2023 (Spring) Syllabus 2023 (Fall)
Advanced II: Problem Finding (2 Credits) Summer/Winter Term
- Through Project-Based Learning in teams, the students will experience the project process from finding problems by themselves, to analyzing the causes, surveying and assessing existing solutions, and proposing their own solutions.
- For some special problems, teaching staff and representatives from local communities and businesses with specialized knowledge will collaborate in this course.
Syllabus 2023 (Summer) Syllabus 2023 (Winter)
Nitobe College Special Seminar for Graduate Students: Career Development Seminar for Graduate Students (1 Credit) Full year, Intensive
Nitobe College Special Seminar for Graduate Students: Demola (2 Credits)
Nitobe College Special Seminar for Graduate Students: Hult Prize Challenge (2 Credits)